Welcome to Peninsula Strikers

About our Club

Peninsula Strikers FC is one of the largest Soccer Clubs in the south. We represent Frankston and surrounding areas and currently have over 500 players from the age of 5 and up spread across dedicated male and female teams in seniors, juniors and now Junior Boys National Premier League (JBNPL).

Select the area of the club that you would like information from:

Peninsula Strikers Seniors FC Peninsula Strikers Junior FC Peninsula Strikers JBNPL

State of Play – Covid-19
As per Football Victoria’s last status update, all football activities have been suspended due to the re-introduction of Stage 3 restrictions in Victoria. The club will announce in coming weeks our intention of continuing the 2020 season.

Please refer to the Football Victoria statement below:

Dear Clubs,
Following the announcement by the Victorian Government and the State Premier this afternoon that metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire Council have returned to Stage 3 restrictions, Football Victoria (FV) confirms that all football-related activity must cease in those areas for the duration of the lockdown.
While this is disappointing for our clubs and players, the health and wellbeing of our community remains the highest priority. 

The restrictions will come into force at 11:59pm on Wednesday 8 July and will last for six weeks.

FV understands that this means all football activity must be halted – inclusive of matches, training, clinics and group practice – for the length of the lockdown period in the affected areas. 

Further, we understand that outside of these areas, football activity can continue. Associations and clubs in those regional areas will be contacted in the coming days to work through the available options.

Football Victoria recognises this is an incredibly frustrating development for all Victorians and in particular the football community, especially given that many competitions either recently resumed or were set to re-start in the weeks ahead.

FV will work through this latest announcement in detail – and in consultation with the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and Sport and Recreation Victoria (SRV) – and, in collaboration with our community, will provide further updates as more information becomes available.

We thank our stakeholders for their patience and understanding as we work through the implications of this announcement and consider our options for the season over the coming days.

Football Victoria Chief Executive Peter Filopoulos urged all stakeholders to continue their remarkable display of unity.

“This is an incredibly unfortunate moment. Just as football was returning to our pitches, we’re again faced with lockdowns across Victoria,” he said. “However, we simply must prioritise the health and safety of our families and loved ones.

Mr Filopoulos said the football community would rally around each other. 

“Please stay strong, please stay healthy and continue to support your communities. We will get through this together.”
 
Sincerely yours in football

Peter Filopoulos
Chief Executive Officer

Department responses.
NPL Juniors
• We are 7 rounds in and already have months of training completed already. Any decisions about season length, if we restart competition, and or possible partial refunds will wait until after update from Football Victoria or further notice.
• FV had sent all clubs a survey asking us about ground accessibility until Christmas and lighting for possibility of night games.

Seniors
• We managed to get 1 sanctioned game in (FFA cup) prior to the stoppage. We have our senior playing squad registered so far, and we are expecting to continue where we left off.
• FV have asked clubs across all competitions if they are going to continue with the 2020 season. We have committed to do so. Once all responses are collated, FV will announce league sizes, length and fixture makeup.

Girls and Boys Juniors / Mini Roos
• As the first suspension of all activities occurred long before season start, we have re-entered all the teams into restructure competition following the first suspension, but we expect some clubs to continue to withdraw participation for 2020, therefore the competition structures will require to be re-done for a third time and therefore fixtures re-released again for the rest of the season.
• If/when we get a new start date and season length are released, we will announce if we will consider re-starting after this latest suspension.
• If we do agree to restart, we will require all players to fulfil all of our teams. A second fee structure review for 2020 would need to be undertaken and upon this we will decide if it is cost effective to continue the 2020 season. Any fees paid thus far will (at a minimum) receive partial refunds for all players returning to training.
o Any player leaving football at any time will receive refunds as per all normal refund applications, which will be pro-rata based on costs incurred.

  • After any adjusted fees, extra fees paid upfront can be redirected or put forward to next year 2021.
    • If no season is played, a full refund is available or fees can be redirected to the 2021 season.
    • We have purchased all the playing kit so we are good to go whenever we get a start date.

For the moment, we hope that everyone stays positive and safe that we can get through this period quickly. Enjoy your using your football at home and look forward to completing some sort of season at our new facilities in 2020 or 2021!

Regards

Peninsula Strikers