About our Club
Peninsula Strikers FC is one of the largest Soccer Clubs in the south. We represent Frankston and surrounding areas and currently have over 500 players from the age of 5 and up spread across dedicated male and female teams in seniors, juniors and now Junior Boys National Premier League (JBNPL).
Select the area of the club that you would like information from:Peninsula Strikers Seniors FC Peninsula Strikers Junior FC Peninsula Strikers JBNPL
State of Play – Covid-19
As per Football Victoria’s last status update, all football activities have been suspended due to the re-introduction of Stage 3 restrictions in Victoria. The club will announce in coming weeks our plans for the 2021 season.
Please refer to the Football Victoria statement below:
|Following the announcement by the Victorian Government and the State Premier this afternoon that metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire Council have returned to Stage 3 restrictions, Football Victoria (FV) confirms that all football-related activity must cease in those areas for the duration of the lockdown.|
While this is disappointing for our clubs and players, the health and wellbeing of our community remains the highest priority.
The restrictions will come into force at 11:59pm on Wednesday 8 July and will last for six weeks.
FV understands that this means all football activity must be halted – inclusive of matches, training, clinics and group practice – for the length of the lockdown period in the affected areas.
Further, we understand that outside of these areas, football activity can continue. Associations and clubs in those regional areas will be contacted in the coming days to work through the available options.
Football Victoria recognises this is an incredibly frustrating development for all Victorians and in particular the football community, especially given that many competitions either recently resumed or were set to re-start in the weeks ahead.
FV will work through this latest announcement in detail – and in consultation with the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and Sport and Recreation Victoria (SRV) – and, in collaboration with our community, will provide further updates as more information becomes available.
We thank our stakeholders for their patience and understanding as we work through the implications of this announcement and consider our options for the season over the coming days.
Football Victoria Chief Executive Peter Filopoulos urged all stakeholders to continue their remarkable display of unity.
“This is an incredibly unfortunate moment. Just as football was returning to our pitches, we’re again faced with lockdowns across Victoria,” he said. “However, we simply must prioritise the health and safety of our families and loved ones.
Mr Filopoulos said the football community would rally around each other.
“Please stay strong, please stay healthy and continue to support your communities. We will get through this together.”
|Sincerely yours in football|
Chief Executive Officer
• Refunds are available to members – please refer to emails sent ot all members with instructions on how to complete.
• With high expectation for the 2020 season piror to it’s cancellation, we will again re-open trials once Covid-19 restrictions are lifted and access to clubrooms and grounds are returned to the club.
Please keep an eye on our Facebook page (Peninsula Strikers Seniors) and websites for information when restrictions lift.
Girls and Boys Juniors / Mini Roos
- With the second suspension of the season due to Covid wave 2, the 2020 season is cancelled.
- Any members still awaiting refunds, please refer to emails sent to all members with instructions on how to complete.
- New preseason dates (which include team selection trials) will be announced following the lifting of restrictions from the Victorian government.
- New season calendar (start dates) for 2021 will be announced by Football Victoria early in the new year.
- After any unrefunded fees from 2020 can be redirected or put forward to next season 2021.
- Expressions of interest to join community teams will be posted at the end of the year.
- Please “Follow” our Facebook page (Peninsula Strikers Juniors) to stay up to date with all new announcements.
For the moment, we hope that everyone stays positive and safe so we can get through this period quickly. Enjoy your using your football at home and look forward to hopefully an uninterrupted season in 2021 where we can use our new facilities and see our teams perform on the park!