About our Club
Peninsula Strikers FC is one of the largest Soccer Clubs in the south. We represent Frankston and surrounding areas and currently have over 500 players from the age of 5 and up spread across dedicated male and female teams in seniors, juniors and now Junior Boys National Premier League (JBNPL).
Select the area of the club that you would like information from:Peninsula Strikers Seniors FC Peninsula Strikers Junior FC Peninsula Strikers JBNPL
State of Play – Covid-19
As per Football Victoria’s last status update, football training has been approved to restart in a restricted manner. These include maximum of 20 per group and respecting social distancing (eg no contact). These current restrictions are in place until the Victorian Government announce further changes on June 22.
This means, there is group training is limited and scheduled to start at our club in the first week of June 2020 (for NPL teams and Seniors) and second week for Community juniors. All changes require the OK from Football Victoria and Football Federation Australia which will follow approvals to restart from the Australian, Victorian and Local Governments.
All of the above bodies control our destiny!
Confirmed start dates are proposed, but are waiting final confirmation from Football Victoria.
• We are 7 rounds in and already have months of training completed already. Any decisions about season length, if we restart competition, and or possible partial refunds will wait until further notice.
• FV have sent all clubs a survey asking us about ground accessibility until Christmas and lighting for possibility of night games.
o This doesn’t mean much as there are so many variables to play out, we think they are trying to workout how to finish the season that suits all clubs.
• We managed to get 1 sanctioned game in (FFA cup) prior to the stoppage. We have our senior playing squad registered so far, and we are expecting to continue where we left off.
• FV have asked clubs across all competitions if they are going to continue with the 2020 season. We have committed to do so. Once all responses are collated, FV will announce league sizes, length and fixture makeup.
Girls and Boys Juniors / Mini Roos
• As the suspension of all activities occurred long before season start, we managed to enter all the teams into competitions but due to some clubs withdrawing participation, the competition structures require to be re-done and therefore fixtures re-released for the rest of the season.
• If/when we get a new start date and season fixtures are released, we will require all players to fulfil all of our teams.
• A full fee structure review for 2020 has been undertaken and we await the final makeup of the season before we confirm and request payment. Any fees paid thus far will receive partial refunds for all players returning to training.
o Any player leaving football at any time will receive refunds as per all normal refund applications, which will be pro-rata based on costs incurred.
- After any adjusted fees, extra fees paid upfront can be redirected or put forward to next year 2021.
• If no season is played, a full refund is available or fees can be redirected to the 2021 season.
• We have purchased all the playing kit so we are good to go whenever we get a start date.
For the moment, we hope that everyone stays positive and safe that we can get through this period quickly. Enjoy your using your football at home and look forward to completing some sort of season at our new facilities in 2020!